I am happy to announce that on Monday, May 5th the first People On Paper Podcast will hit the air!
I have been busy busy busy lining up interviews, recording stories, and generally digging into people’s lives. And it has been amazing.
Here is a list, in no particular order, of upcoming interviews:
1. Cattle Rancher (This 73 year old man has been a small time cattle rancher his entire life. He currently supports his family on about 20 head of cattle and 24 hours a day hard work)
2.Funeral Home Director (AKA mortician. I will be interviewing him later this week and I can’t wait. Right now I’m full of questions and assumptions just like everyone else. Very excited to get the low down on this profession.)
3. Mennonite Pastor (His title says it all. He was raised Mennonite with an Amish father. If you are writing about this group of people LISTEN – too many people get it wrong)
4. Russian Immigrant (This brave woman moved to California when she was 22)
5. Full Time Nanny, San Francisco, CA (So many stories! Doing this interview on Sunday and Can’t Wait!)
6. Labor and Delivery Nurse (What is it like to be part of bringing hundreds of babies into the world? The good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful)
7. Saudi Arabian Immigrant (He moved here for college with plans to go back to Saudi Arabia when he finished up. But now his parents are moving to the US as well.)
8. Car Accident (Remember that time you were the passenger in a car that hit a car stalled on the freeway while traveling roughly 80 miles per hour? No? Then you’ll want to listen in.)
9. Single Mom (She has had pretty much every single mom experience you can dream of – a must listen if you are writing a single mom character)
10. Woman of Color Working in STEM (That’s Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Let’s just say she’s been mistaken for janitorial staff more than once (!))
11. 9th of 11 children (what is it like to be one of almost a dozen kids? Not so bad it turns out!)
12. Repo-Woman (repossession agent – people who take people’s cars for the bank, ideally when they aren’t looking!)
13. Abusive Relationship Survivor (With the help of a women’s shelter this young woman living far from her family got out of an abusive relationship.)
14. Strict Vegan Lifestyle (Want to know what drives someone to remove any food or product that contributes to animal suffering from their life? It’s not easy, but for some it is well worth it.)
Do you have any questions you would like me to ask the people in the interviews listed above? Let me know and I’ll see if I can get them answered! I have already completed a few of the interviews but I will be doing many of them in the weeks to come.